So what's the difference between "borrowing" a book and "lending" a book?
"To borrow" means "to take something that belongs to someone else, and return it to them later."
"To lend" means "to give something to someone, when they need to return it to you later."
- "I can't lend you my car. I am using it."
- "This library lends books for free."
- "The bank lent her a loan of 10,000 dollars."
In summary, borrowing is an action of taking, and lending is an action of giving.
Which of the following sentences is incorrect?
- They need to borrow our truck.
- Why do you want to borrow his notebook?
- I will lend Sharon my blue dress.
- Can he lend some money from his credit card company?