So what's the difference between "ad" and "add"?
Ad = advertisement = a picture, short film, etc. that tells people about a product, service or job.
- "We put an ad in the newspaper."
- "He doesn't like to see ads on TV."
- "This is an ad for a new English course."
Add = to put something together with something else --> +.
- "Please add some sugar to the tea."
- "Do you want me to add your name to the list?"
- "Add 3 and 4, and you get 7."
Which of the following sentences is incorrect?
- Did you see the new ad?
- We have nothing to ad.
- They add something to the water.
- Can you add a few bucks?